Director of Music Ministries & Worship Arts
North Little Rock First United Methodist Church is a congregation that together proclaims Christ! This is an active and vibrant church with many generations involved in worship, fellowship, mission, and discipleship set in a community that continues to grow and flourish in the heart of Arkansas.
● Sunday Morning Worship leadership (both in contemporary traditional music settings)
● Wednesday evening Choir Rehearsal & special practices as scheduled
● Selecting worship music weekly with worship leadership and meeting with worship staff regularly including long term planning
● Coordinating special music with ensembles, instrumentalists, soloists, etc.
● Knowledge and background in music, worship, and church life including a degree and/or correlated experience
● Ability to direct choral music, work with people of all ages and abilities, and encourage others in ministry
● Develop music offerings for all ages including children, youth, and adults of all ages
● This position will work alongside the contemporary worship leader and organist and will report directly to the Senior Pastor.
This position is part time (15-20 hours/per week) and has potential to develop into full time. Salary is negotiable. Interested applicants should submit a resume to Rev. Sara Bayles Charlton by Feb. 1, 2022 for consideration for interviews.
Children's enrichment center is hiring teachers
As part of the First United Methodist Church's larger ministry to children and families, the Children's Enrichment Center (CEC) provides children ages two months through 11 years a safe, nurturing, and educational Christian environment in which to grow and thrive. We believe that one of the best ways to support the children and families we serve, is to also support our staff’s social, emotional and physical wellness. CEC staff will have the opportunity to enjoy an on-site relaxation area, free exercise classes through the church, staff social events, social-emotional training, ongoing professional development, and more! We can’t wait to have you join our team! Description of Duties Value each child & diligently work to help him/her reach their potential.
Full time position $14-$15/ hour
● Greet each child warmly as they arrive
● Organize activities that allow children to learn about the world around them & explore their interests
● Develop schedules & routines to ensure that children have enough physical activity, rest & playtime
● Supervise & enthusiastically participate in play time activities with children
● Schedule outside time for toddlers & babies as weather permits
● Encourage children to help organize the room at the end of the day Follow licensing & school procedures to safeguard the health & safety of the children in our center, including, but not limited to, the following:
● Adhere to all state, licensing & CEC safety procedures
● Supervise & monitor the safety of children by remaining with them at all times
● Use CEC procedures to calmly intervene should a child be likely to injure themselves or another
● Check & change diapers often
● Use plastic gloves when dispensing any food, administering first aid, or changing a diaper
● Wash & sterilize all toys, interactive areas, high chairs, playpens, swings, crib sheets, etc. after each use
● Complete behavior, incident & accident reports promptly (when needed)
● Learn CEC tornado & fire procedures - assist during required drills
● Assist the CEC’s administrators when needed Build effective & positive relationship with parents & families
● Provide a warm, friendly welcome to all parents & guest
● Keep a record of & share each child’s progress & interests with parents on a daily basis
● Communicate regularly & positively with parents both orally & written
● Cooperate with families on collaborative efforts such as: beginning potty training, ensuring the child's name is printed on all personal items, behavior issues, signing their child in/out, etc. Skills & Experience
● Caring & compassionate attitude when interacting with children, coworkers & families
● Excellent verbal & oral communication skills
● Team player who develops good relationships with parents, children & fellow professional caregivers
● Advanced multitasking & organizational skills to handle multiple children at a time
● Responds calmly & patiently to overwhelming or difficult situations ● Sufficient stamina to keep up with the physicality of children
● Ability to pass a background check.
● High school diploma or equivalent
email Melissa Baddar at email@example.com